You spent countless nights burning the midnight oil. In the end, you still did not make it. You failed your exam.
It is definitely normal to feel distraught or depressed, especially if you have given it your all. However, you cannot allow your temporary failure to get in the way of your future success.
Learn to cope with exam failure quickly and effectively:
1. Know that you are not alone. Everyone has gone through plenty of failures, and some of them have worse experiences than you. Winston Churchill did not pass sixth grade. Though he became a prime minister in 1962, he lost all of the other elections he participated in. Abraham Lincoln did not become a successful businessman and lawyer, as well as lost a lot of public elections.
But just imagine, if they had allowed failures to get the best of them, they would not have achieved worldwide recognition.
2. Tell yourself: it is just a temporary setback. Like the examples above, you will not be a failure all your life. Use subliminal messages to pull yourself from the dumps. Every day you can remind yourself the following:
- This failure is only temporary.
- I can definitely rise above these challenges.
- I know I can achieve success.
- My persistence and confidence can bring me to places.
There are plenty of other subliminal messages downloads you can use, and they are personalized for people who have to deal with failures.
3. Try again. Check if there is a possibility you can retake the exam. If you cannot, you can just make up for your failure in your next examination. In the meantime, you can put more effort into what you are doing.
4. Prevent yourself from falling into depression. The last thing you want to happen is to be depressed. It will only make things a lot worse. You will lose proper concentration, you will not sleep and eat well, you will lose a lot of weight, and you will get sick so easily.
Though it is normal for a person who has failed to feel depressed, it should not last for a very long time. If it does or you think it is getting worse, immediately seek help.
5. Practice proper stress management. You also do not want to go through a lot of stress. Stress is often one of the leading causes of anxiety and depression. Take a breather. Go out with friends or family. Take a trip or a retreat. Do something productive with your time like taking up a sport. By the time you are ready to take the time, you will feel refreshed.
6. Meditate. Meditation helps a lot when you want to be grounded on the present. You do not worry about the past or the present. Meditation can also clear your mind, so it is easier for you to accept and believe in the subliminal messages and affirmations.
7. Obtain wisdom. As they say, experience is the best teacher. Consider your failures as ways to determine your mistakes. Then learn from them.